Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Keyboard Interface Update

Someone asked me how this is going, so I thought I'd post an update. I almost got it working before things got shutdown for Christmas. But alas, not enough time to debug. I finished 99% of the soldering and connected the Teensy 2.0 to my Linux workstation, loaded a couple of sample HEX programs. One blinks the LED, which you see in the photo. So that is working. I loaded the Arduino IDE and the Teensy extensions, but could not get the code to compile. Looks like it's not the mods I made. The code Pixelpracht provided would not compile either. Looks like it's missing header library calls. I'll have to debug it next week. I will reach out to Pixelpracht and see if I can get some direction. One thing I'd like to know is why his code includes a matrix with 23 of the 24 Atari keyboard lines and not the 22 I think it should be. One (19) is not connected, giving 23, but the 24th trace also is not connected, as it goes to the power LED. I plan to feed that from the RetroPie Control Block. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi. Even if a pin in the lookup table isn't connected (the Atari is stuffed away in the basement so I can't check) this shouldn't hurt. What indices I actually use from that lookup table matters: and thats 0..7 and 8..16 so only a subset of all connected lines. (I figured this out in a rather iterative process^^)

    Feel free to mail me btw! ;)